Sunday, March 7, 2010

Perchance to Dream

I've been out of sorts this week and semi-beating myself up about it.

What is going on?


Why are you so lacsadaisical?


What is wrong with you?


Are you ever going to get it together?


I can be pretty tough on myself. . .

None of the usual remedies were working. Exercise. . . journaling. . . talking. . . . Yesterday, at my wits end, I finally remembered that I took the red-eye back from California on Sunday night/Monday morning. I came home to the regular hullaballoo of getting the kids ready and to school. Each night this week one of the little peanuts has woken in the middle of the night (must note that J got up at least his share of the times, but regardless of who gets up with them, I'm up).

Last night no one awoke. I slept like a log.

I feel a lot better.

Sometimes I forget how important a good night's sleep is.

I had the pleasure of hearing Arianna Huffington speak at a conference I went to last week. She was engaging, inspiring and seemed like such a regular gal. I was surprised at the tact her talk took when she began espousing the virtue of sleep. In fact, she has created a sleep challenge and is calling sleep a feminist issue.

Give it a read. I'm thinking of signing up. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment