Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Earth, Wind and Fire

Ten years ago, in addition to the relationship described here, I also started meeting with a group of women every week. Brought together through common and painful past experiences, we each sought out the group to heal, to find solace, to stop the madness. . .

Since that time I have bared my soul to these women who know me in a way that no one else in my life does. They joined me at the height of happiness and the depth of sadness, through the incessant rat-tat-tat of anxiety and the power of anger. These days we call ourselves the Journey Women as we somehow moved beyond the here and now and have begun to craft our future, our magical realities.

On our ten year anniversary, I wanted to thank the Journey Women for all they they do and have done. I want to thank them for who they are.

Earth is the rock of the group.
While oftentimes silent she stands firm and strong as bedrock.


Wind flows around the group,
connecting us together and remembering where we came from,
while giving us inspiration and a fresh perspective.


Fire burns both deep and strong.
She warms with her compassion and understanding
and inspires with her passion.


This one's for you. Happy Ten Year Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment